Alinco DX-SR8T HF All-Mode Transceiver, 1.9~29 MHz. Covers all short-wave and HF Amateur bands, optional detachable front control panel. Emphasis on CW operation with world-class transmit audio quality.
(Shown with optional EDS-17 Front control remote kit)
* Coverage of All short-wave and HF amateur bands
(DX-SR8T North American /DX-SR8E European and other regions)
Covers the 160m to 10m amateur bands including 5.3MHz (T-model only) in SSB, CW, AM and FM modes. Output power is 100W SSB/CW and FM, 40W in AM with low and super-low power settings for QRP operation. In addition, the general coverage receiver covers 135KHz to 30MHz in all modes.
* Detachable front control panel
Completely detachable front control panel with large LCD display lets you install the radio with greater flexibility whether in your car, boat or your shack. (Optional EDS-17 cable required)
* Direct DATA entry via the key pads
While the main dial tunes at the default 10Hz/resolution (adjustable in set mode), the numerical key pads can be used for fast direct frequency input, band selection and more.
* Fight QRM with these STANDARD features
Reject unwanted signals with the IF shift. Choose a narrow filter, a noise-blanker or use RIT/TXIT to stay out of QRM.
* Emphasis on CW Operation
An electronic keyer unit is standard. You can receive CW using either upper or lower side of the carrier frequency. Choice of side tone pitch, FULL (QSK), Semi or Auto break-in, split, narrow filter, AGC and RF gain.
* World-class transmit audio quality
A dynamic microphone (T/E models) and a speech compressor come standard for sharp, clear and powerful transmitting audio.
* Enhanced scan modes
A variety of scan modes are available including Priority, Search, Busy, Timed, Memory and Programmed search. Timed scan setting does not require squelch-mute so you are able to monitor data-modes and broadcasts simultaneously with memory search scan.
* Additional convenient features include
RF Attenuator and Pre-amplifier selectable in 4 steps, / 3 TX power output levels with a Super-Low setting (QRP 0.1W~2W variable) / Dual VFO / 600ch memories in 3 banks / Connections for Auto-antenna tuner and Liner amplifier ALC output / Fully independent AF level, squelch, RIT and IF shift knobs / Dial lock and key lock / TX-RX lamp / Alphanumeric display / Auto-power-off / CTCSS encode for 10m FM repeater accesses / Microphone, Headphone and External speaker jacks on the front panel / Large, temperature-controlled internal cooling fan with anti-overheat output power limiter/ High-SWR protectioncand more!
- EMS-64 Microphone (SR8E/SR8T: Dynamic)
- DC cable
- Microphone hanger EBC-7
- Transmit Frequency coverage:
- 160m band 1.80000 - 1.99999MHz
- 80m band 3.50000 - 3.99999MHz
- 60m band - TX output power of 60m band is limited to 50W. (High; LOW 10W, S-LOW 1W) 5.33050MHz, 5.34650MHz, 5.36650MHz, 5.37150MHz, 5.40350MHz
- 40m band 7.00000 - 7.29999MHz
- 30m band 10.10000 - 10.14999MHz
- 20m band 14.00000 - 14.34999MHz
- 17m band 18.06800 - 18.16799MHz
- 15m band 21.00000 - 21.44999MHz
- 12m band 24.89000 - 24.98999MHz
- 10m band 28.00000 - 29.69999MHz
- Operating mode: J3E (USB, LSB), A3E (AM), A1A (CW), F3E (FM)
- Antenna impedance: 50ohm unbalanced
- Frequency stability: +/-1ppm
- Power requirement: 13.8V DC +/-15% (11.7 to 15.8V DC)
- Ground method: Negative ground
- Current drain: Receiver
- Transmit: 20A
- Operating temperature: -10digC to 60digC (+14digF to +140digF)
- Dimentions: 240(w) x 94(h) x 255(d)mm (Projections not included)
- Power Output: SSB, CW, FM
- AM: 40W(Hi) Approx. 4W (Low) Approx. 0.4W (S-Low)
- Modulation system: SSB - Balanced modulation, AM - Low power modulation, FM - Reactance modulation
- Spurious emission: Less than -50dB (Less than -45dB in 30m band)
- Carrier suppression: More than 40dB
- Maximum FM deviation: +/-2.5KHz
- Receive circuitry: Double conversion superheterodyne
Alinco DX-SR8T Review By: Wanda - Walcott Radio Employee
- Product Review: We have this radio on the counter for any Ham operators to view, i and many of us at the store are Ham operators and have used this when conditions are right, I have talked to Texas and even as far away as Holland, Germany, Jamacia on 10 meters, It's great fun to hear people from any where.