Now available! Finally an antenna mounting bar available for the Freightliner Cascadia semi truck. Wanting to get your high performance Predator 10k or Monkey Made antenna mounted? Been looking for a way to get your 2 meter antenna mounted? Have an XM or Sirius antenna that worked on your last truck but wont work on your Cascadia? These problems are now solved with the CAC1 mounting bar.
Included with the CAC1 are a Firestik M164A mounting bracket and stud, a pair of extended mounting bolts and standoff washers.
The CAC1 is designed to work on either side of the FL Cascadia. This allows for co-phase installations or just additional mounting options for a variety of antennas.
CAC1-COMBO Review By: James F.
- Product Review: I purchased this mount and mounted a Stryker antenna on it. After a bit over two years of use, this past Sunday I noticed the antenna was hanging out at an odd angle. I stopped, thinking that someone may have attempted to steal my antenna. Instead I discovered that the aluminum was fatigued right at the tab where the bolt hole goes thru it. The top tab was completely broken through, and the bottom tab was almost through also. If it had broken clear through at highway speed, I could have very easily lost an antenna that is well over 100.00, in value. This bracket is very nice for a Cascadia, but should be made out of a stronger material than aluminum, or at least reinforced around the bolt hole tabs where they mount to the door.
- Pros: Good fit for the Cascadia which is notorious for having useless factory antenna and coax systems.
- Cons: NOT STRONG ENOUGH MATERIAL USED IN CONSTRUCTION OF THIS BRACKET! I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT, UNTIL IT IS STRENGTHENED!
CAC1-COMBO Review By: Jason - Walcott Radio Employee
- Product Review: We've installed a few hundred of these mounts and so far they've proven to be the best option for the Cascadia.
The bracket installs easilly using a torx bit to remove the stock bolts and an allen bit for the replacements.
Top loaded antennas like the Firestik FS5 or Predator 10K with the 17 or 22 inch shaft work best to avoid high SWR from reflection.
It's common to need to lean the antenna forward at around a 20 degree angle due to reflection.
- Pros: The best solution for Freightliner Cascadia trucks and it works with any antenna.
- Cons: Due to the placement being so low, reflection can occur requiring the antenna to be leaned forward.