This top of the line CB speaker is designed specifically for the Cobra 25, 29, 148 and Uniden PC 66, 68, 76, 78 series radios due to the talkback feature, this feature is not compatable with radios not listed here.
If you want the same quality and noise canceling properties but don't have one of the listed radios, consider the Cobra HGS300. The noise canceling feature this speaker and the 300 offer will effectively reduce the amount of unwanted background noise, a subtle but nice feature over standard external speakers.
The talkback function allows you to hear your transmissions during transmit, your voice will come through the speaker while talking. This can be a useful tool to make sure your radio is functioning correctly, if you hear your voice there is a good chance you are transmitting.
- Mounting Bracket and Knobs
- HGS500 Speaker
- Noise Canceling: Removes unwanted background noise from incoming transmissions
- Talkback Circuitry with Variable on/off Control Allows you transmissions to be heard through the external speaker
- Heavy Duty Cable: Cable reaches anywhere in the cab
- Right Angle Plug: 3.5mm mono plug designed for easy installation in tight spaces
- Wattage: 15 Watts means better sound, less distortion, and longer life
- Heavy Duty Speaker: Professional desgin with coated speaker cone
- Metal Mesh Grille: Unlike any CB speaker you've ever seen
- Rugged Construction: Heavy duty hardware and ABS housing to withstand the rigors of the road
- 180 Degree Ratched Mounting Bracket: Locks securely into any desired position
- 3.5mm Earpiece Jack for Team Drivers For use with available ear piece, lets your partner rest without interruption (earpiece sold seperately)
- Length: 4 7/8in
- Width: 4 7/8in
Cobra HGS500 Review By: Mark F.
- One Helluva Speaker!!! Don't leave home without it. Talk back feature is invaluable for helping you set up the gain on your power mic. I suggest that you get this baby set up in front of you for the full effect. Be aware though that during a storm, if you have a NOAA radio, the emergency tone will knock your ears for a loop. Be extra careful if using the earphones.