The A99 features the Solarcon Twin Ring Adjust-A-Match tuning making it possible to tune the input to the antenna and obtain the optimum S.W.R. over a range of frequencies. Raising the rings raises the frequency and lowering the rings lowers the frequency.
- Antron A99 Base Station CB Antenna
- U-bolts for Mounting
- Operates 10 thru 17 Meters with Tuner.
- Covers far above and below the traditional C.B. channels for export, commercial and 10 meter ham band use, input 2000 watts P.E.P.
- The A99 is a half wave over a quarter wave variable mutual transductance tuned antenna
- Comes in three sections, Easy to assemble
- Entire antenna radiates - 9.9 DBI Gain
- Each antenna individually tested
- Meets U.S. Government CPSC shocks hazard standards. Protects up to 14,500 volts
- Lightning protected, D.C. grounded. No lightning arrestor or static discharge unit is needed!
- 2,000 Watt Rated
- 18-29 MHz Optimal Range
- Female UHF Coax Connection
- Height: 17.5' Feet Tall
- No Ground Needed
- Length: 18ft
- Power Handling: 2000 Watts
- Connector: PL-259
Solarcon A99 Review By: Wanda - Walcott Radio Employee
- Product Review: We have used an a99 antenna for over 20 years and never once had a problem with the antenna. We also use this antenna at work and at home.
Solarcon A99 Review By: chad l.
- This a great cb antenna. i talked with 28 watts of power at a range of about 50 to 67 miles. it shout skip around the world with no problem!! This the best cheap antenna made. i put it up on a 30ft mast by myself in 3 min. WALCOTT got it to me in two days.
Solarcon A99 Review By: Primo A.
- I live in an apartment complex so......I\'m not allowed to permanently mount this monster to our roof. I came up with a pretty good fix where I can take the A99 in and out at my leisure......and mount it on our deck rail using the 5 foot mast. The top of the antenna ends up about 5 or 6 feet above the roof line. I realize that this is not good for maximum performance but..........somehow, on my first try, I ended up talking to someone 12 miles to my north. And just a side note: My north is the side where my apartment is blocking the base of the antenna! Now I can\'t wait to purchase a dx radio for this sucker to see just how far out we can reach & receive. Thanks guys for a great antenna.
Solarcon A99 Review By: Alan R.
- This is an outstanding base antenna. Out of the box SWR 1:2 and I reach out and touch folks. I have my A99 on top of a 35 foot mast and my first contact, asking for a radio check, was another base station at exit 668 on IH-10. Considering I live around exit 601 on IH-10 and I was talking on a mobile, COBRA 29 tuned and dead keys at 12W, Talk? O-yes it does. I
Solarcon A99 Review By: James C.
- Take his 42.6 miles and times it by 5, and that is the average I can talk. It's one of the best skip shooting antennas I have come across also. Over all, I would rate the 99 right at the top with all omni-directional antennas without breaking the bank. If the rating went to 10, I would have to rate it a 12. Excellent antenna. I can't begin to say enough good about it. I put mine up right from the box on a 30 foot mast and I didn't even have to touch the tunning rings. SWR was right at 1.1. We had a severe storm here a couple weeks ago. 73 mph winds. It didn't even phase the A99. Excellent antenna. You can't go wrong.
Solarcon A99 Review By: Mitchell L.
- AWESOME ANTENNA!!Had mine up about 2 months and no complaints at all!!Blows the smoke even when the skip is rollin!!! This antenna pretty much talks where ever it wants!If you want a good base antenna that wont break the bank this is the one!!Im up about 20ft to the bottom of the ant. connector(about 37ft total with ant) and it TALKSSSS!!Straight from the box to the air with NO ADJUSTMENTS!!!SWR is at 1.1!!!!I look forward to doin business with Walcott CB again!!
Solarcon A99 Review By: John L.
- GREAT ANTENNA! I've had mine A99 for about 4 months now and it's one of the best ones have ever had.
I've got mine up 28 feet up in the air from the coax connector and I get about 30 to 40 miles (depending on the mountains & hills), It has about 3.3 dB gain and easy to use SWR rings you can adjust. NOTE: if you keep the rings turned all the way down you will have about 1.1 to 1.2 SWR. remember, the lower the SWR the better you will sound and be louder. To much SWR will destroy your radio and this antenna has the easy way to get you standing wave down, That's Good!!
Solarcon A99 Review By: kevin f.
- One of the best antenna i have ever bought.great for talking dx and easy to setup out of the box.
Solarcon A99 Review By: alan f.
- It's a good antenna for the base antenna but does not perform more than 42.6 miles